Back in september last year I started operation winch repair after I broke the winch during an offroading event at the Land Cruiser Club. I cleaned and overhauled the which and electrical system but after reinstall the drum didn’t really turn. Brutus faced some other problems and went for repair for more than 3 months, winter arrived and the winch repair project went into hibernation. Yesterday was a somewhat cold but sunny day so I decided to solve the winch matters once and for all.
Brutus is finally back after more than three months of repair by the Land Cruiser specialist in Maasdijk, also costing much more than estimated. Still one or two repairs need to be done though. The repair definitely took to long and I can’t understand how someone can run a business lake that. But enough about that, let’s look forward to new adventures. Continue reading “An update on repairs and preparations”